BOARD OF EDUCATION TRUSTEES CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA & MTG INFOMs. Susan Horton, Presidentsusan.email@example.comMr. Frank Milazzo, Vice President
firstname.lastname@example.orgMr. Russell Conleyrussell.email@example.comMr. James Kuhajames.firstname.lastname@example.orgMr. John Cantone
email@example.comMs. JoAnn Reedjoann.firstname.lastname@example.org
BOARD OF EDUCATION CLERK
Mr. Patrick Witherow
Phone: 845.236.5803Fax: 845.795.5903
Through Board of Education policy and oversight, enable the MSCD to create an environment and reputation that is highly regarded for its academic excellence, advancement of the arts, successful and participative athletic programs, and for developing our future leaders, all resulting in continuous improvement of the community in which it operates.
Goals and Beliefs
1. The Board of Education is committed to excellence. To that end, the Board of Education, in collaboration with the educational community, will evaluate policies and academic programs and commit to excellence in supporting quality programs which help students excel academically, socially, emotionally and physically. This sets an example of an evaluation cycle which fosters continuous improvement in all facets of our educational community.
2. The Board of Education is committed to managing the finances entrusted to it by the taxpayers of the Marlboro Central School District. To this end the Board will work diligently to find the appropriate balance between providing and expanding student programs in support of the district visions and goals, and optimizing and reducing operating costs resulting in minimal or reduced tax liabilities to the community members living within our school district.
3. Continue practices that encourage and assure transparency in Board and administrative operations and communication of school district events, news and achievements through a variety of media; i.e. website, text, social media, news media, newsletters, etc.
4. Support a K-12 structure with program options at all levels that have the pathways and supports which allow students to graduate with the most advanced degree possible, with a rich array of courses on their transcript, and the highest GPA/Class rank attainable for each student.
5. The Board of Education is committed to work with the Administrative team to develop a results driven measurement system which leverages various sources of data to gain insights in order to monitor and validate that our programs, policies and staff investments are generating the desired outcomes and driving continuous improvements.
6. Support the administrative and teaching communities in their efforts to further the understanding and use of STEM technologies within the school district, and to enable and inspire students to obtain the right skills and experiences to prepare them for STEM related academic and career paths.Communication with the Board of EducationTo inform the Board of Education of an opinion, please contact the District Clerk at (845) 236-8000.In an effort to keep the community more informed about Marlboro's Board of Education meetings, we will be posting the board agenda on this website and video of the meeting can be found on our Youtube page.Please note that the agenda is subject to minor changes as necessary.Official Board of Education minutes will be posted on Boarddocs, an online meeting management system.
School Board Work Session Meetings will be held the first Thursday of each month. Regular School Board Meetings will be held each third Thursday of each month. Meetings begin at 7:30 P.M.and are typically held at the shared district and town hall meeting room (court room) at the lower level of the Marlboro Administration Building, located at 21 Milton Turnpike, Milton, New York. 12547 unless posted otherwise.