Please post finished project on Google Classroom (under your home-period class).
Please go to Google Classroom for ALL assignments moving forward! Assignments will no longer be posted here on my website.
Assignments will be posted weekly!
April 12, 2020
Historians and Explorers,
This week’s project will be for you to create your own Aztec structure! Use the resources provided to design and create one of the Aztec structures discussed in the reading.
- Watch the video clip that is posted below
- Read the provided text using your literacy strategies (highlight, underline, take notes)
- Choose a type of Aztec structure to create. Choose the materials to use to make your structure. Please use materials you have around your house. Do not go to the store to buy materials for this project.
Some suggestions include:
Foam, Legos, Cardboard, etc...
If you are a gamer, you may also build your Aztec structure using Minecraft or Roblox. Yes! You may use a video game for this assignment if you choose!
- Write an essay describing your Aztec structure of choice. Make sure to use the text provided for supporting details about your Aztec structure.
- Submit your essay and a photo of your Aztec structure through Google Classroom.
- Have fun learning!
- Video clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHVqb6t__8
Mr. Budryk & Mrs. HayesApril 5, 2020Hello Scientists,
While you are at home, we have a mission for you. Your mission is to become an expert on the most important star in all of our lives, the Sun! As you know, scientists who work for NASA, are some of the world’s leading experts on stars. They have a lot of information on their website: articles, videos, games. Use https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/ as a resource to help you become a “Sun Expert.” You may also use other resources such as https://www.ducksters.com/ if you choose.
As a 5th grade expert, you will be given a choice of how you would like to present your information. Some suggestions are:
- A poster
- An essay
- Google Slide presentation
- An informational article (newspaper article)
- Diagrams / Diorama
Use materials you have in your house. Be creative! DO NOT go out to buy special materials for this assignment. Take pride in your work. Take your time to make it look neat. When you are working, make sure you have enough information to make your work look like it was done by a 5th grade expert. Make sure to use correct spelling, grammar, and science vocabulary.
Some topics you could mention:
- Why the Sun is important to us
- How the Sun makes energy
- Solar cycle
- Solar eclipse
- Interesting facts
Have fun scientists! Enjoy your exploration!
Ms. Hayes & Mr. Budryk**Please review Grade 5 Materials on the MES website.**
Materials/ interactive websites are also available on district websiteSCIENCE and SOCIAL STUDIES